While our busiest hiring period is during the months before the school year starts, we are always accepting applications from Why Sayers with a flexible mindset who would be a great addition to our team.
After applying, the first step toward a full-time position as a iLEAD facilitator is attending one of our “Star Search” hiring events, held throughout the school year. Star Search is a full-day, interactive job interview involving multiple iLEAD stakeholders. Typically, 8-10 candidates are invited to a Star Search event following the initial screening process.
The day focuses on:
- Candidates receive an orientation on the history of iLEAD and its philosophy and culture;
- Mingling with iLEAD staff members;
- Candidates teach a 45-60 minute class appropriate to their content background. Following the lesson, learners (students) and iLEAD staff complete feedback forms on the candidate;
- Candidates observe classrooms as part of a school tour;
- Candidates informally interview learners and parents;
- Candidates work in teams along with current staff to design projects, to assess how well they can collaborate and work with other team members. The day culminates with a presentation of the projects to the iLEAD family.
In addition to passionate facilitators, iLEAD is always seeking Why Sayers to work at the administrative and staff levels to help continue leading the organization forward. Visit the “Join Our Team” page to view and apply for open positions.