While our busiest hiring period is during the months before the school year starts, we are always accepting applications from Why Sayers with a flexible mind-set who would be a great addition to our team.
After applying, the first step toward a full-time position as a iLEAD facilitator is being invited to one of our Star Search hiring events, held throughout the school year. Star Search is a full-day, interactive job interview involving multiple iLEAD stakeholders. Typically, eight to ten candidates are invited to a Star Search event following the initial screening process.
The day’s focus:
- Candidates receive an orientation on the history of iLEAD and its philosophy and culture.
- Candidates mingle with iLEAD staff members.
- Candidates teach a 45-60 minute class appropriate to their content background. Following the lesson, learners (students) and iLEAD staff complete feedback forms.
- Candidates observe classrooms as part of a school tour.
- Candidates informally interview learners and parents.
- Candidates work in teams along with current staff to design projects in order to demonstrate how well they can collaborate and work with other team members. The day culminates with a presentation of the projects to the iLEAD family.
In addition to passionate facilitators, iLEAD is always seeking Why Sayers to work at the administrative and staff levels to help continue leading the organization forward. Visit the Join Our Team page to view and apply for open positions.
Are you an experienced School Leader or an experienced Educator looking to work in a collaborative, innovative, and creative environment? Are you someone that already works at one of the Maker Learning Network or iLEAD locations that is interested in moving into leadership? Are you someone that feels ready to take a leap into leadership and wants to be considered for future openings?
In Maker Learning Network schools and iLEAD campuses, we offer a very unique way to see if we are a fit for each other called the Leadership Cafe. The Leadership Cafe is a full-day experience that is invitation only. If invited to participate in a Leadership cafe you will be placed into a pool of candidates to be considered as positions become available.